#13 Future Plans and Financial Wellbeing (Unlike the Guy in Squid Game) – Navan Faruk – Truthful Society
- #13 Future Plans and Financial Wellbeing (Unlike the Guy in Squid Game) – Navan Faruk
- #12 The Meaning of Truth Controls Your Life? – Kyle Lin
- #11 Considering Internships and Life Experience – Julian Ayusa and Glory Vo
- #10 Failure Was Always an Option – Vjay Vankadaru and David Alcantara
- #09 So…What's the Purpose of Life?
If I’m going to call my podcast Truthful Society, at some point I was bound to discuss the meaning and reason for living. Because of that, I knew I had to make this episode.
Now, I know this episode is a little shorter than the others [due to difficulties], but it still has all the important and valuable content that the other episodes have.
I had two people on the episode, Bao Bao Nguyen and Ryan Gouveia, both of which relatively had an idea of what they wanted to do with their lives. The thing about the purpose that I liked so much was that it gives everyone their sense of individuality.
It makes you who you really are and what you’ll be doing in your life.
I briefly mentioned some tips from the post I wrote last week on how to find your purpose in the episode, rather than discussing each one. This is because I already wrote that really long post and did not want to be repetitive with my content.
With that being said, here’s what I’ve gotta say about this episode.
The ‘Purpose’ of this Podcast
Initially, I made this post in general because of how important finding purpose for living is. Similarly, I made this episode to discuss the idea with other people [specifically those who have an idea of what to do with their lives].
The core aspects of this episode were:
- Purpose is different for everyone: purpose will make you who you are, so tie it in with passion and you’ll have more individuality. In other words, no one can tell you what your purpose should be. It’s up to you to build.
- You can’t be told what your purpose is and nor can you ‘find’ it: Reread the bullet point above.
- Young and lost: It is completely normal to not know what to do with your life when you’re young. Give it time and keep putting effort into it.
- Follow the tips from the post: Tips like not caring as much, exploring every field, and having a positive environment are some of the core essentials for finding your purpose.
- There’s gonna be work: There’s no easy way. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. No matter what favorable path you take, there will be some sacrifices and extreme work you’ll have to make.
- It’s going to need time: Notice how I keep saying ‘build your purpose’ rather than ‘find your purpose’. It won’t magically appear before you. However, your purpose will have a starting point and you will continue to add to it as your life progresses. That takes time, so give it time.
These points don’t cover everything so if you really want to get the most out of this topic, it would be best to listen to the podcast episode and read the post.
Regardless, that’s all I’ve got on purpose. If you have something to add, please add it in the comments.
Good luck with your purpose.
You’ve reached the end of this post, hopefully, you got something from it!
If you seriously like this post and want more posts like this that keep it real with you, then join the society by subscribing below. You’ll only be emailed when we post, and if it bugs you, you can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
M. Thaaer Alrajab, who is a high school senior, is the founder of Truthful Society and the host of the Truthful Society podcast. He uses his passion for writing and content creation within his website and podcast.
In 2019, he started his first website, The Political Times. After he finally began to grow, he realized that his audience wanted a different type of content. This led to the creation of Truthful Society.
Cover photo from Scantraxx on Youtube.